Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA


I didn't go out painting last week, because of the dog day week.

There were several painting location ideas in my mind this morning, so I drove the car to check out some locations. Non of them worked, might be the gray morning.



So, I set my work station up in front of the catholic church so I could paint the old adobe building.  Spent a long time drawing.  I saw a guy was standing in front of the campus wall.  He stood there for a long time, I was able to draw him into my work.

I always could get inspired by the beautiful campus at Santa Clara university.


There was a construction nearby, I could hear the loud noise.

A lady carried a child walked by asking me for directions, felt bad that I could not help. Later a Mexican gardening guy came blowing leaves by the church. He was kind and tried to avoid the area where I was painting.

Took much longer to finish and it was getting hot around noon. (September 12 2022)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023