Work in progress - 4 hours session live model portrait study in oil


Always wanted to join this small group of artists to practice on a portrait. Finally I made it before the New Year. The good benefit was to get feedback immediately when each of us got stuck at a certain point. Because we stare too long at our own work. Like today, I could not tell why my painting didn't work the way I painted it. One of the artists told me that the value wasn't correct. So I worked on values, then I saw the improvement. Liked her gesture, but it wasn't in the same position after each break. Painted on an used canvas 12"x16". Upleft was captured outdoors.  (December 20 2021)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA