Plein Air @ Pillar Point Harbor Half Moon Bay CA



This year is flying by without notice.  Last time I painted nearby the harbor was in April. Perfect weather in Half Moon Bay. I walked around and hesitated for what to paint. A fishing boat came and loaded all the crab nets off. Instantly it helped me to make the subject matter decision, Drew as fast as I could, because I knew that the boat would be gone soon. Such an inspirational place to paint, there were many kinds of birds, seals, fishing boats at the harbor. It wasn't as quiet as usual, several helicopters flying ahead searching... I hope everyone or each family was safe.


Glad I was well prepared for when the fishing boat was gone, I had to combined my memory and reference photo to paint.  Those are a few of the  many things I've added to my Plein Air experience over the past four years.  There are many Plein Air artists that have painted outdoors for more than decades.  I can really appreciate their work and effort from my heart.  Not only they are landscape painting from many different outdoors locations, but all kinds of situations as well.  (November 10 2021)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model