Plein Air @ Half Moon Bay Nursery CA


Believe or not, I was so excited to go and paint at the Half Moon Bay Nursery this morning. Not only because I am a plant lover and love gardening work, but also it is my first time ever to get in. So many times I wanted to stop while passing by, always thought that would be next time over at least a decade.


A gorgeous day, it was warmer actually, and I overdressed. Morning light was gorgeous. Forgot my long-term allergies, I didn't feel anything beside a little hot, not even a sneeze during my painting there about two hours even with all of the flowers.

Workers were busy fixing the nursery, serving the customers and moving plants. So many beautiful and varieties at the store, I wondered why there were so many shoppers in and out during the weekday morning. (October 27 2021)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Home on a Rainy Day CA