Plein Air @ Redwood City Municipal Marina San Mateo CA


Drove to the location, walked around in the morning. Felt I could be here and paint more often, and excited to discover a new place to paint boats that isn't too far from me, compared to other piers in Bay Area. There were many geese nearby the port, they looked like they are living there peacefully. But there was too much poo everywhere. So I decided not to paint nearby them today. Found a sailboat to work on. It was a little windy and I hadn't painted boat for a while.  Not a smooth day, and not a easy subject, will be back to practice for sure...
In the end, I tried to find a restroom to use. An older guy very cautiously guided me to the other side of the building but none of them were open. Luckily it was lunch time, I asked for help from a lady working inside office with the door open. She lead me back to the other building to use the restroom. I thought that everything is back to normal started on June 15 today, but seemed the facilities are not ready to the public yet.

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA