Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生

Planned to paint at Brisbane marina today, but it looked like it would be too windy there. So many other places that I had in my mind to go painting, but unfortunately my car wasn't charged. Instantly, St Clare Parish popped up inside my head, because I'd painted there once before during one of the coldest days of winter, wanted to paint there again on a nice day. Arrived there, but just was not ready to do it. Saw one person running by the side entrance of Santa Clara University. That was interesting so then I set up and painted at the same spot, but in a different angle.  The church bell rang, I guess it was around noon, and it started getting quite windy, hurriedly I finished it up.
I have noticed that I can't paint the way I want if my mind is set on painting something else. Painting skill really does take so long to develop, and as a creative person like me switching media is still critical. All I know is keeping practice... (May 25 2021)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model