Plein Air @ Rancho San Antonio County Park & Open Space Preserve Cupertino CA 加州風景寫生


I saw beautiful waterlilies near Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve during the weekend. Planned to paint there this morning. Thought how I should paint today, didn't pay too much attention and turned into the highway... I guessed that helped to change my mood. Even though the water lilies were so beautiful, I decided to paint the landscape, where I painted last November and saw a couple of coyotes on the hill. Lovely morning being outdoors and painting. After my work was done, went to visit all the gorgeous water lilies, most of them were blooming...

Each media has its challenging part to deal with. Watercolor paper dries too fast in warm or hot days for sure, and it takes too long to dry in a wet or cold day. How to adjust the outdoor painting time during the different weather conditions takes life time to develop I believe, though I have been painting almost twenty years, only have four years experience being a Plein Air painter. But feeling lucky I can be in the nature often and meditate through my painting work in progress... (April 27 2021)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Elim Assembly of God Church Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生