Plein Air @ Owen Corning Factory Santa Clara CA

Time flies so fast, many factories in Silicon Valley have closed down and moved to overseas.  Now there are only a few left. They look more interesting to me since I started Plein Air painting outdoors,  I found one and painted it from the across street. I didn't realize that Lafayette St was quite busy, many cars, most of them trucks passing by. Happy to see everything is quickly recovering. Before I would not have smelled the strong pollution. But allergies have blocked my nose, so I couldn't smell anything. I took the fence out in front of the buildings (and the big street and box blocking the view), and moved a couple things around in my painting.  I thought the steam was cool coming out of the chimneys. Light was too straight to shine on the buildings, I think I will be back to paint at a different time next time.

I remember that my husband picked me up at the SFO with a bunch of fresh red roses twenty years ago. On the drive back to the South bay, I saw several factories, then learned they were semiconductor company's like Intel where all the computer chips were made. So I started my new life in Silicon Valley..
(April 22 2021)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell CA

Plein Air @ Joseph D. Grant Park, Mt. Hamilton CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生