Plein Air @ Johnson Pier Half Moon Bay CA 加州風景寫生


Beautiful morning on location. Looked like everything was back to normal. Every time I feel lost to choose a boat to paint. Took a while to find one on the pier. Set up my painting station, but it was not early any longer. Felt hot in the sun, and used my Plein Air umbrella. People passing by complemented my work. Even a group of school boys kept saying "Bravo! "Thanks for all the encouragement. Suddenly it became very windy, first it blew my umbrella down, I screwed it down a couple of times. But I stood on the pier with nothing to block the strong wind. So I used my arm to hold my umbrella steady. Then the wind kept blowing little items off my painting station, like testing paper, small brush etc.. Almost finished my painting, I tried very hard to draw lines, but my station was shaking in the wind. Had to pack and leave. Finished the rest details at home.  --March 30

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model