Plein Air @ Carmelite Monastery Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生


It was a beautiful Easter Friday, I thought that I should paint something related to the Easter spirit. Suddenly I remembered that I wanted to painting this old historic building each time I passed by for many years.  Drove to the location, just couldn't find a good angle in front of the Adult School to set up.  Either it was in the drive way, too close to it.  There was a bus stop there, I saw the building angle I wanted to paint, but I had to see it through through a honey comb kind of block wall.  It was challenging, I had to walk a couple steps to see better because there was a young tree, a car and a trash can all in a row, not to mention the "bee hive" wall.  Well, it took me a little bit longer, but I did it on this lovely Easter Day.  (April 2 2021)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA