Plein Air @ The Old Mission San Juan Bautista CA 加州風景寫生


My second visit to this old historic town in three days! A lady was watering all the plants, she guided me through the beautiful garden to find an open restroom. Everything was very peaceful in the morning. Met several local artists and several from different places, even one originally from the UK, Another was here from Missouri to visit her son. One used to live near Berkeley area with her beautiful and friendly dog Coco. I found a spot started with my small sketch nearby Coco. Overdressed again, had to take off one layer. This town has a lot succulents and cactus, so I used my imagination to replace the tree on the right with a large cactus After my work was finished, I notice the old tree I wanted to take a better photo of two days ago, but it was halfway cut down, found out sadly that it was dead. Definitely there were more cars on the road. Hope they were all good sign to prove that covid-19 is under control....   (March 24 2021)


Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Home on a Rainy Day CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生