Monday morning sketch in Zoom


Escaped one sketch class in Zoom last week and went to The Old Mission San Juan Bautista CA. This morning I was in the rush to join, but mistakenly clicked the wrong Zoom meeting button, and got in to the Santa Fe location. Then I had to wait to explain why I got into their group before I quited so I wasn't being rude. Finally, I got into the right class and it was nice to practice and study on people's faces again. The challenging part is always not enough time to capture little more information to express the persons character. Usually I use a small size pad for sketching. I bought a 18"x12" 70 pages sketch book years ago, and had only started to use last year. Now it looks has a quarter of the book left. Definitely I would love to continue sketching, probably will search for a slightly smaller size sketch book next time.

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023