Plein Air @ Westwind Community Barn Los Altos Hills CA

Jan 13

I didn't want to miss painting outdoors in such a gorgeous day, sunny and warm.
Painted at this peaceful location, saw many beautiful horses, and the same old couple walking on the trail holding their hands. It was only five weeks ago I painted at the same location. The grass had turned green after rain. Not much rain so far, not sure if California agriculture would have a harvest year if there wasn't enough water naturally.

It was 68 degrees around noon. Several Mexican landscapers had their lunch break nearby me. I don't understand Spanish, but I could hear they were chatting happily. California provide them good opportunities, or should say they helped California develop.

Then a lady passed by, she was curious what I was working on, and gave me compliment. She also asked if I painted it on an i-pad or a PC. My mind was frozen for a second, and told her that I painted on traditional watercolor paper. She left with her surprised face. Felt a little sorry for her, hard to imagine what kind of life she had besides computers.

There were no traffic on the road, aside from two crazy drivers that refused to follow basic rules. Lucky I'm not a fast driver, and stopped my car immediately twice. One made a U across double solid yellow lines right in front of me; the other one merged onto the freeway in front of me far to close, about one meter too close, so close I could have hit it. Both drivers did not even show any sign of apology. What's going on?

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model