Plein Air @ near Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport CA


Stuck at home, still shocked by the breaking news. What has happened to this country? It seems confused and unprecedented in at least American history and reminded me why I came and became a citizen of this country in the first place. What I learned about the Constitution of United States of America 1789, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."... tears in my eyes, I missed my family and friends back to my home country, covid-19 has made us further separated, don't even know when we will be able to see each other..

Sun came out in the afternoon, so I escaped all of the mayhem and ran out the door to paint. Found this unusual subject and layout for my composition. Quite a busy area, besides all the cables, posts, factory machines and buildings, there were cars, trucks, trains and even airplanes passing by in front of my eyes. So much longing to travel and to fly again... Overwhelming but interesting. I guess that I had to find something complicated to fully occupy my mind and find my own inner peace and let go of all the manipulative and ugly current affairs.

No time to finish my small sketch, I had to jump to the drawing and start to paint with my limited color palette immediately as the sun sets early during this time of the year. After adding a "Stop "sign in my work, I felt relieved and it will help me to remember this day in history. Highlighted several areas at home as the paper didn't dry at the location. Another good practice!

(Jan 7 2021)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023