Plein Air @ Alviso Marina County Park San Jose CA 加州風景寫生


Dec 31 2020

Happy New Year to you all !新年快樂 !Wishing all of you a safe, healthy, happy, and prosperous 2021! Many thanks to those who support and encourage me as an artist daily! A like and/or a comment can make a difference! And thanks especially to all collectors of my work.

My last painting in 2020. Another beautiful day, rain made the distant hills turn greener. I came to one of my favorite painting spots. Many people were at the park, not easy to find parking. Walked around a bit, saw fishing boats and instantly set up my workstation. Took exactly three hours to finish this work. But don't forget I am a longtime artist, started as a part time, then being a full-time artist for over a decade now. Practicing painting outdoors for three and half years already. I've learned so much from nature, from the great artists both living and no longer with us, and from myself. I have to 100% focus when I paint. So that means being in solitude is the way I work best. Though I enjoy painting with a group, or with other artists. Looking forward to 2021!

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model