Plein Air @ Allied Arts Guild Menlo Park CA 加州風景寫生


Dec 3

Another gorgeous day. My second painting is at this historic location. Almost every angle was paintable, I had tough time to make up my mind. The alter was very old, two centuries old at least I guessed. I tried to design my work to have a strong focal point, painted a mother helping a girl going up the stairs, by combining the alter and people to make a story. Overpainted the alter. Jane, the organizer gave me great feedback. Finally, I had to erase the darker alter to balance the painting, but I am not happy with the result so far.  Painting loosely was not easy.

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress