Plein Air @ Villa Montalvo Saratoga CA 加州風景寫生



Nov.9
Definitely it suddenly got so cold, I saw frost on the roof this morning, and snow on the top of the distant mountains yesterday. That couldn't stop me from painting outdoors. Came here and painted with other artists. Just followed my instant feeling for this angle to paint. Spent more time for a little sketch and a drawing. Thought I was ready to mix my colors. It was really hard to keep the loose feeling. I wasn't happy with the statues and the background. A watercolor artist Susan finished her Plein Art work and happened to pass by me. So kind that I had her feedback. Then my work started improving a bit... I remember that John Singer Sargent did some masterpieces of statues in watercolor paintings. My breath was always taken away each time I saw only the prints. So much to look forward to... seeing the originals someday!
 

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023