Plein Air @ Moss Landing Harbor CA 加州風景寫生


Really liked winter at the location, only 50 degrees though I was well prepared. Felt like didn't paint a boat for a long time, suddenly wasn't sure what I should paint in front of all the beautiful fishing boats. I regretted not drawing a small sketch first, because noticing later how difficult it was to work out. One thing I did learn in a hard way from my past experiences, I didn't use much water on paper in such a cold and high humidity weather conditions. Not happy with the composition too. Then forced myself to continue. Saw a couple of other artists, a seal swimming around, and a cute sea Otter was sleeping there. Wish to live closer so I don't have to drive more than hundred miles to go and paint.  (Oct 7 2020)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model