Plein Air @ Japanese Friendship Garden San Jose CA 加州風景寫生

It was raining a bit this morning when I was driving to the location. Rain stopped and it was gray, disappointed to see the water lilies were not blooming after I was expecting to paint them since my first time painted here. I guess that could change my mood to paint. Sun came out, and it was getting hot. Then I saw water lilies started blooming, ducks swimming around, koi fish jumped out of the water once a while... Actually it was a quite clean day after weeks of polluted air. Didn't think too much but kept working on the water lilies. Got stuck and got good feedback instantly from another artist friend. Felt lucky and always enjoyed painting with other artists together. I had no idea why I painted it so dark by using Monet's color pallet, except mine was watercolor. Maybe spend too much time in all the museums I had possibly to visit all the greatest masters work. Does it mean good or bad to be Influenced by others?

Original Art Story

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Orchard Heritage Park Sunnyvale CA 加州風景寫生

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA