Plein Air @ Aquatic Park Historic District San Francisco CA 加州風景寫生

Very early morning, drop my husband off at the SFO domestic tunnel Because my 90ish years old father-in-law wasn't doing well, wished to see his children... I decided to paint in San Francisco. Sounded exciting, first my car GPS won't show the direction, and my Smartphone T-Mobil service wasn't connected stable. Driving in the dark on route #101, I didn't get lost dear heaven. Arrived at the location 6:40am, the street lights were still on, only saw one another on the beach. Lucky the public restroom was open and the sensor lights were turned on. Not mention it was only 50 degrees outside, I really didn't want to standing in front of the water. Around 7am, all the street lights were off, it was super gray. Started a small study, a couple runners passing by, one said "Are you going to paint the gray?" It was so true, barely saw any other colors, and it was freezing cold, even I had my winter jacket on. I kept reminding myself positively, what a great opportunity to paint such a desirable place, no traffic to come, free 4 hours parking. But I forgot that one of the most important things, the humidity was too high after I sprayed the back of my watercolor paper. Tried to paint by experimenting the wet into wet Technics, wasn't that simple, my paper stayed moisturizing after a couple hours later I arrived home. Well, a good lesson to learn right?

We have very polluted air almost a week now, so does in San Francisco. I guess that was the reason why it was so gray and dark for days. Seemed like people were so healthy in SF, saw many well fitted bodies swam in the cold water in the morning, while I barely survived.


 

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Home on a Rainy Day CA