Newly finished Still-life Oil Painting Needs A Title


To me painting still-life is difficult, I easily feel bored by staring at the same subject, prefer painting outdoors for sure. Some of my old still-lives mostly painted depending on half of my imagination. One day last month, just because I could not help myself and I picked up a wild pink lily flower (not sure the name) from the fields, put it into a cup I never used. Afternoon light made the flowers appear mysterious, I was wondering how I could express that feeling, especially because my favorite Plein air hat was next to it on the chair. Ended up I thought the shadow of the cup handle was more interesting to me - my focal point, hoped it worked out well. 🍳I had to move down to our kitchen/dining area to paint since the pandemic, because my studio is next to my husband's office and I was not used to his talking during the meetings at home all day long. Don't take it the wrong way, I think that my brain frozen when listening to all the words...Of course that was not my excuse for not painting for couple of months. Actually, I spent a lot of time doing cooking and learning how to make new dishes. It only made us gain weight unfortunately, even though I was surprised by my own dishes once in a while, which I have to thank the online demos for.

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA