Plein Air @ Pomponio State Beach San Gregorio CA 加州風景寫生



Say prayers for all the people impacted by the fires in California!

Do you trust your own instant feelings? I do sometimes, but I do not always to follow them.
Today I was hesitated if I should paint outdoors, because there were fires in Santa Cruz Mountains and our surroundings... Everything I needed was prepared in the car, I spent a lot of time trying to search the location on the car GPS, it didn't show. I had to give it up and used the Pillar Point Harbor direction after 15 minutes search. Often there isn't a T-mobile signal in that location. On the road, I kept thinking if I should just go the the Pillar Point Harbor, since I loved to paint the boats so much. At the last turn I changed line to the beach, further drove 14 miles. There were only a few people, and a black cormorant walking on the parking lot toward to the ocean. The beach was beautiful and the air was clean. I did a quick study sketch, more people arrived. I didn't feel that I wanted to paint, back to my car. The black cormorant was still hanging around in the shade. I saw a surfer pat it, he told me that he never did it before. I patted it too, seemed the black cormorant didn't mind, and started knocking the surfing board by its beak. Probably looking for food. Slowly, the black cormorant walked to the ocean. Then I drove all the way back, about 90 miles for a sketch, but it was worth to pat the black cormorant, and get away a little bit from the high temperature and polluted air, hahah...

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023