Plein Air @ Shoreline Boathouse Mountain View CA 加州風景寫生


A red rowboat in the water near a tree at the shore caught my eyes, instantly decided to paint it. This was my third time painting here since I started Plein Air, I only painted in oils before. It reminded me that once I spent almost six hours working on a smaller size painting here on a very cold windy day. Today was gorgeous being outside, felt a little bit chilly in the shade. I enjoyed painting with another artist who inspired me, especially to get feedback in time when the work got stuck. The red boat was rowed away, I had to paint it follow my memory, lol... Used some opaque watercolors, my work looks different.

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生