Plein Air @ McClellan Ranch Park Cupertino CA 加州風景寫生

2nd time I've come to this location, last time probably half a year ago. Really wanted to paint different scenes than the previous visit. Ended up I painted the same barns, only about 25 to 30 degrees differently than last time. It was a little bit windy and felt chilly in the shade. I thought that the one white car could balance the layout, actually there was a parking lot next to the building. The landscape plants were higher than the parking lot, the figures I put into the work looked confusing, how do you think? Also, my painting needs more contrast. Shall I add more darkness?



Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model