Plein Air @ Wildwood Park Saratoga CA 加州風景寫生

I missed painting outdoors so much, so had to go to the location, though there was 20 percent chance of rain today. It didn't rain but it was grey most of time. I was excited to see the running water at the creek, because our raining season finally has started. But I forgot to bring my clips for clipping the watercolor paper on the board. No problem, lucky to join the group of watercolor artists painting there together today. Instantly I borrowed more than four clips from three artists. Not a very smooth beginning with my work, then I kept reminding myself that I was not here for painting what I saw. Artist should be creative by inspiration... Slowly, I had overcome my fear of paint by using darker watercolor paints. Finally my work got other artists' compliments. I believe that not because my own interpretation worked, also the borrowed clips had brought me the strength from other's. Do you agree with me?

What a blast Thanksgiving break! Went to Chicago, Pennsylvania, New York City and New Jersey. Enjoyed visiting museums, my cousin and her family, my longtime good friend and family, and in-laws' big family... Museums included: Chicago Institute of Art, Contemporary Museum of Art IL, The Barnes Foundation, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Institute of Contemporary Art PA, Whitney Museum of American Art, and few galleries in Chelsea, NYC.

My most favorite museum during the trip was Chicago Institute of Art. We spent eight and half hours on the first visit, but we couldn't finish, and went back again for another three hours, still had some area left behind. The day before we left PA, experienced a little snowy time. It was cold out but my heart was warm from all the great art and family/friend visits.

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model