Plein Air @ Historic Murphy Avenue Downtown Sunnyvale CA 加州風景寫生

I had a cold for days, finally could get out and paint. It was a warm gray winter day, 66 degrees around noon. Came to this historical street in the morning. It was not a big street, there were Coffee shops, restaurants, pubs and small businesses... It took me a little while to decide what to paint, because of no light and shadows.

Got busier before lunch time, a huge truck suddenly parked in my view of the buildings crossed the street where I was working on. I don't paint in the crowds often, have forgotten how to deal the situation. It really forced to paint from my memory. I think it was a good experience for only working on the large shapes, simplify the details for practicing, and painted loosely...

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA