Plein Air @ The Civic Center Park Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生

Sunday I went to support all the Plein Aire Artists in Capitola. Saw old artist friends and met new ones. Many beautiful artworks painted at that location in the past few days. I got inspired, especially listening to the judge Paul Kratter's educational speech when awarded the winning artists. He shared his rich art knowledge with us on each winning piece and why it was the best of his choice in the category. I was so happy that a couple of my friends had won the awards, and some artworks were sold!
Monday was warm, painted the front landscape of the Santa Clara City Hall. The bronze statue of St. Clare was sculpted by Ann Van Kleeck in the 1960's. I didn't need to use my tripod, put my easel on the decorative low garden wall in front of a restaurant since the restaurant wasn't opened yet. I think I would like to paint locally instead of spending hours driving on the road. Once in a while is OK. Plein Air should become visual artist's life style. What do you think?

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Home on a Rainy Day CA