Plein Air @ Villa Moltalvo Saratoga CA 加州風景寫生




Happy 重陽節 Double Ninth Festival!
Today is Double Ninth on Chinese calendar, traditionally we usually 出遊賞秋 enjoy the autumn, 登高遠眺 overlook the high, 觀想菊花 admire the chrysanthemum, 遍插茱萸 insert the Cornus, 吃重陽糕 eat the heavy Sun Cake, 飲菊花酒 drink the chrysanthemum wine, and especially respect all the elders.

It sounds a little bit complex, certainly we couldn't do much here. Came to paint Villa Montalvo was ideal to overlook the high. It was a perfect day for hiking, and I was always amazed by the creation of nature. Only saw a few people on the trail. What a great place to look at Silicon valley from the top of the mountain. It has been nineteen years since I have been living in the valley and this country. I never liked here for a long time, until I started painting outdoors I guess. I enjoyed visiting and painting here. Light had changed, roughly finished my painting, will be back again for sure.








Original Art Story

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Orchard Heritage Park Sunnyvale CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA