Plein Air @ The Red Barn Farm Morgan Hill CA 加州風景寫生

There was an old beautiful red barn located on Tennant Avenue, Morgan Hill. My first time painting at the location. it was over 80 degrees I believe, standing next to a mint field, smelt the fragrance of the herb, felt I was overdressed. Also the Red Barn was too big and too close to paint. After I did the first painting, I started drawing a couple of Mexican working guys collecting mints in the field through the broken plastic greenhouse window. Suddenly, they had all gone, It was noon already their lunch break. So I painted a tractor in front of the distant hills. I'm not going to share that painting here though.

(Updating from September 17, 2018)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023