Plein Air @ Santa Cruz Harbor, Santa Cruz CA 加州風景寫生



I did 3 paintings today. Which one do you prefer?

I have been to Santa Cruz countless times, Santa Cruz Harbor is one of my favorite places. Finally, I went to that location to paint today. Of course, I would never feel tired of painting boats, and painted from 9am till 4pm, had a lunch break at the new location of Aldo's restaurant. People were very friendly, talked to me or questioned about my work. A couple of them would like to know how long takes me to finish one painting. Well, it has been a long time, and took 15 years to me painting today's level and speed. Does it make sense to you?

(Updating from September 10, 2018)


Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023