The 13th Annual 2018 Plein Air Paintout event Frank Bette Center of the Arts Alameda CA加州風景寫生



I am sure that other artists painted harder more than I did this week, thought I had been painting like a mad cow, from dawn till before it was too dark to see. I had two eggs each morning from Monday to Friday, joined two dinner parties on Monday and Thursday. Had lunch with other artists after "Quick Draw" on Wednesday at Frank Bette art center. The rest of time I ate one banana and one or two cucumbers for dinner. Each night I studied and fixed some little details I didn't like until well after midnight. I didn't have time to chat with my beautiful host lady. When I painted in the afternoon at Encinal Yacht Club on Thursday, I felt my brain seemed already numb and not responding. I brought my painting to another artist asking for an opinion, she suggested I should stop. I did stop and made decision to come home on Friday morning because it was our framing day. Got up at 5 am, I still caught the traffic. Good news is I've found that I've lost 6 pounds in 4 days, so happy I am almost back to the weight I used to be.
Last week, not only met new friends, I have been inspired, have learned a lot from other artists and painted the maximum I could possibly do in less than a week. I think I did OK for my first time after about one year Plein Air practice. To me it is part of important journey being a better artist out of the comfort zone. Thanks to the Frank Bette organizers, all the sponsors, all the volunteers, host families, collectors, the people of Alameda, and every one of my supportive friends and family. Also, I must thank to Google maps! It helps me save tons of time.
Like other artists, I'm really exhausted, thought I would take a break, but in my dream I already wanted to paint again somewhere beautiful and forgot my equipment, etc... Friends, family, happy collectors and artists, we celebrated the 13th Annual 2018 PLEIN AIR PAINTOUT event on Saturday. I was posing in front of my paintings while the judge Mark Farina was reviewing our works... (I didn't notice...) — at Alameda South Shore Center. (Updating from August 4, 2018)



10/5/18
4 Photos - View album

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Elim Assembly of God Church Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生