Plein Air @ Harvey Bear Ranch San Martin CA 加州风景寫生


Drove down to the location, I was attracted by the red barn for my landscape plein air. It was on a private property, so the best I could do was drag my outdoor painting stuff through the grass making a fresh spring trail. It was a beautiful sunny breezy day after days of rain. I saw the cows grazing off in the distance on the rolling hills, and could hear their lowing. There were rosters and hens song drifted by from the nearby villages, What a peaceful morning in the countryside in California!

I enjoyed painting the trees and the red barn I liked and ignoring other things I didn't want them in my work. Yes, I'm proud that I am able to have the freedom to be a creative artist instead of copying others, or copying what have been seen in exact sense. My painting went smoothly, I didn't have to retouch much after returning home.



Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Elim Assembly of God Church Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生