Turkey Tom's Tango - Title Inspiration


They are ocellated turkeys. I first saw them when I traveled in Guatemala, but could not realize that  they were in wild.  I was not surprised that some people mistake this type of turkeys for peacocks.  Both of them are birds with similar and beautiful teal colors and patterned feathers covering their bodies, especially when a male opens his fan in order to attract a female's attention. 

After day by day study, maybe the autumn feeling urged me to paint a pair of ocellated turkeys in front of a farm, because I haven't seen them in North America. 

The more I got into the painting, the more I felt the love between this pair of birds.  I really didn't want to think about Thanksgiving.  I would love to create an environment where they are happy as long as they should live, no matter whether they lived in wild or on a farm.

After the painting was done, I was happy for the result.  I posted a thread at http://fineartamerica.com/showmessages.php?messageid=3220021, and received many suggested titles for this painting.  I love most of them, had learned a couple of new things from other artists too.  Finally, I decided to call it as "Turkey Tom's Tango". Just like these ocellated turkey couple, a happy ending :)!



Original Art Story

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Plein Air @ Alviso Marina County Park San Jose CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Back to studio live model study again