White House In An Oak Grove

Happy weekend :)! I saw the big Red Moon last night through the windows, did you?

"White House In An Oak Grove", original oil on canvas panel, was a landscape oil painting newly finished. The reason I painted it was just because the longer I've lived in California, the more I prefer spending a couple days in the countryside during weekend. It seemed that white house was my dream place to escape from the surrounding high tech. I just wanted to smell the fresh air, enjoy hiking or sight-seeing, get inspiring from the nature, a few good friends visits, have some delicious food together, no need TV, internet or computer, maybe I should turn off my smart phone! But I realized, I already get used to taking photos from my phone, hahaha... What is your favorite thing(s) to do during your weekend? Have you written it down, drawn or painted it on a piece of paper/canvas yet???












Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Elim Assembly of God Church Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Home on a Rainy Day CA