Guitar Doggy And Me In Wine Country


Actually this painting was created inside my head for a long time. I really saw the picture with my minds eye. Finally, I painted it on canvas while I was listening Don McLean's "Starry, Starry Night" Vincent (song) over and over. The result that came out was nice, of course it has the Van Gogh feeling for sure. But this was the first time I was stuck with naming my own painting, what should I title it?

Glad that I have this artist community to ask..
In such a short time, there were many great ideas suggested.
Siesta, Intermezzo, Guitar Break, Melody of Dreams A Perfect Day, All Played Out, Passing Time, dreams of Van Gogh, Perfect Ending , Little Dogie With Shades, Dog Day Melody, While My Guitar Gently Weeps , Six Strings, Four Feet and Sweet Dreams, A Cowboy's Melody, The end of the howling blues, All we need, California Dream Interlude, The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of Howling, The Sun's Comin' Down On Me, On The Road Again, Acoustic Aphasia, Cool Doggie Blues, ..

There were even more suggestions than that, but I don't want to repeat similar ones. Many thanks to each one of my creative artist friends. It helped me with a title for my painting and to learn some new words in English as well!
After a couple of days deliberation I had come to a decision. In the end, I fell in love with the poem Artist Lutz Baar wrote for this painting:

"Purple light in the canyons
That's where I long to be
With my three good companions
Just my guitar, doggy and me."

And also the background was impressed by Napa Valley scene, so I finally name my painting "Guitar Doggie and Me in Wine Country" - give to my credit to all my creative artist friends and especially Lutz Baar for the beautiful poem!

FYI, here is the link of the thread for the title suggestion:http://fineartamerica.com/showmessages.php?messageid=2723410

More original oil paintings or limited prints for your home decor, please visit @ https://xueling-zou.pixels.com/collections/oils+figurative+compositions

Or follow me on Social media https://about.me/xuelingzou

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Elim Assembly of God Church Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023