My Early Watercolor Paintings


It has been 10 years now since I started painting both oils and watercolors. I have been too busy to focus on oil, and have almost forgot that I paint watercolor as well. If you are curious for the reason, you can read my "A White Peacock" story in this blog.


Still I remember at the very beginning, I did not know any watercolor techniques, just followed my feeling and basic idea to draw the structure on the paper and fill in colors which I thought were right. That was how I created my watercolors then, can you believe it?


Now, I look back at my original work, and realize that I may really have some artistic talent as told by many people, but which I personally have always had doubts about. Of course, if you never try and you never know. I really have been learning a long and tough way in life so far. And also, I believe that it is the greatest tip just keep doing and working hard...


Just as Robert Goddard said "It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow."

Original Art Story

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Orchard Heritage Park Sunnyvale CA 加州風景寫生

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA