Plein Air @ Capitola Santa Cruz County CA again 加州風景寫生

Do you trust your instant feeling?
What a day! I didn't like the paintings I did in Capitola last Thursday, so I had to go again. I checked the weather a few times, wished it would be a lovely day in Capitola. In the morning, Google maps showed me that it would take extra 20 minutes, I thought there was some traffic. Then I realized that I chose to avoid high ways. It was OK, I saw something new through the small road in the Santa Cruz Mountains. It was gray when I arrived Capitola just as the weather reported. I walked around and checked a couple of locations I wanted to paint from last week. But they looked so different today, especially some people working on the roofs which were covered with dark plastic; last week I saw that there were beautiful palm trees and shadows on the brown roots I wanted to paint. And it started tiny drops of rain... I waited for a short while, walked and looked around, just didn't have any feeling to paint. Soon the rain disappeared. I thought I should paint since I had driven more then 30 miles to be here. I did two paintings while feeling cold, and then I felt starving. It was only 58 degree when I left, but it was 82 degree where I live.

(Updating from September 27, 2018)


Original Art Story

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Orchard Heritage Park Sunnyvale CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA