Plein Air @ Capitola Santa Cruz County CA 加州風景寫生



Capitola is such a beautiful place to paint.First time painting at the location in a perfect weather condition today. I hadn't been here for a couple of years.
Actually I arrived early this morning, walked around, found a lovely spot painting the windmill house across the water. There was a car that tried to drive through, the road was so narrow, I had to stop painting and squeeze all my stuff and myself against a tree, otherwise, we would all fall down the slope into the water. After a lunch break, I painted the colorful houses. I didn't know there was a big hidden garbage bin next to me for collecting all the trash from the restaurant. It was a little bit smelly. Besides, I was kind of blocking the walkway for the customers or people working there a bit. Lucky, it was not during rush hour, I didn't move much. It was already 4:15pm, but my second painting wasn't finished... Long day, I am tired.

(Updating from September 20, 2018)

Original Art Story

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Orchard Heritage Park Sunnyvale CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA