Plein Air @ Grand Marina Boat Yard Alameda CA 加州風景寫生



I really enjoy painting in Alameda now, just because there are so many different kinds of subjects I love to do, one of them is boats, of course. Yes, I painted at Grand Marina again. I did one of the same boats as during the event week, but I was not happy with the result. So I had to come back to paint it before the opening reception. It was much warmer weather than the week before. Actually I felt hot standing and painting in the sun. The big boat had changed its angle since my drawing was done, they were working on fixing it. A couple of nice local people passing by and told me that they liked my work, thought the boat looked prettier in my painting than the real one.

Still I got caught in traffic though I left home in the early afternoon.

(Updating from August 10, 2018)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Elim Assembly of God Church Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023