Plein Air @ Grand Marina Alameda Boat Yard Frank Bette Plein Air Paintout Alameda CA 加州風景寫生

Every piece before we paint for the event needs to be stamped.

My first time to attend an official five-day long Plein Air event. I am the lucky last name on the artist names on the attached flyer. A great way to meet and learn from other artists. Look forward to meeting our local friends.

I checked in at Frank Bette Art Center in the morning. It seemed that every artist knew what he/she was doing. My first time I had hard time to organize my own stuff. Met a couple of artists I knew, and met Genie Scot, who manages this event each year. She answered all of my confused questions clearly. I came to the Grand Marian dock, started painting. Felt stiff to paint on the stamped paper. Posting what I have done so far, vertical was the first one, 5"x7", horizontal one I did 2nd, 11"x14". People of Alameda they are nice and friendly. Not only did I got some compliments, but also I think I've got a commission work as well.

BTW, I've started to introduce myself as "XL" since I have a not easy name to remember. I didn't bring the extension of my umbrella, not tall to get enough shade. And I didn't bring the right clothe, felt too hot in the sun, I dressed like in winter, thought it could be cold, bummer...


(Updating for the July 30, 2018)

Original Art Story

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Orchard Heritage Park Sunnyvale CA 加州風景寫生

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA