Plein Air @ Palo Alto Baylands Nature Preserve, Palo Alto, CA. 加州风景水彩寫生

Being an outdoor painter, checking the weather forecast is very important. It was a beautiful day yesterday, I didn't bother to check and was excited to find a great new nature preserve. There were many kinds of birds, the dramatic sky, distant mountains... What a perfect place to paint a landscape in watercolors. Marilyn saw me painting and took a photo of me, she mentioned that it was going to rain. It did start raining only a few minutes after she left. I was crazily in rush packing my staff, while a nice gentleman was passing by and offered if he could help. I should say thanks instead of "No!", and wished he were an umbrella... It is so easy to miss an opportunity to show one's appreciation. I hope to meet this person again to say a big Thanks!

So far I have been quite spoiled with our lovely California weather. I really am grateful in life, no matter little thing or big, they all inspire me to paint.

More original artwork @ http://xueling-zou.pixels.com/



Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Elim Assembly of God Church Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Home on a Rainy Day CA