Original Art Story - Dog Horse and People Paintings

I believe that communication is the main reason to prove that we are social animals, just like horses and dogs. I love to study the relationship between humans and animals, and create a painting on canvas to tell a story through my visual language, my imagination to my viewers. It is why I paint differently rather than just copy a photo. Also, it helps me to learn more and understand better living beings after each painting.

 "A lovely horse is always an experience.... It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words.  "
 - Beryl Markham

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
 - Unknown

"A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence."
 - Pam Brown

"The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire."
 - Sharon Ralls Lemon

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
 - Gilda Radner

Click each image for viewing a better result! Welcome to visit my online Art Gallery at:
http://xueling-zou.artistwebsites.com/art/all/oils+-+figure+or+animal+composition/all 


Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Elim Assembly of God Church Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生